Sunday, March 26, 2017

SU Jewish Themed Passover Bloghop




I’m excited to be participating in another Jewish Themed Stampers Bloghop.  This time we are displaying our ideas for Passover Cards & Crafts.  I searched for lots of ideas to draw from and my biggest inspiration came from the Passover Haggadah itself.  The Haggadah is a book used to organize the service or Seder usually held at home with the whole family gathered around the table, telling the miraculous story of how the Hebrew people were delivered from slavery to the Pharohs of Egypt.  It’s my favorite Jewish Holy Day.  I’m not sure if it’s because of the gathering of the whole family or it’s because of the 4 glasses of wine drunk as part of the Seder. 
I borrowed the phrase from the story “With a Mighty Hand and an Outstretched Arm, He brought us forth out of Egypt,” and used one of my favorite symbols – the Hamsah, a universal symbol of Divine Protection to symbolize the Mighty Hand. 
Here is my offering.  Thanks for visiting and don’t forget to visit the other blogs 


                               
All the images are stamps from the Paisleys and Posies set that was offered and carried over from the 2016 Holiday Catalog.  I used the images against a hand-drawn base image of the Hamsah.  The trickiest part was creating reverse images of the paisley and the some of the floral images.  It was a learning experience!

 Michelle Irinyi



#1  Miriam Biegun Permut http://myinkpad.com






#7 Michelle Irinyi http://www.makingmemorieswithmichelle.com/home/passover-blog-hop



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Lois, that is absolutely spectacular!! I never would have thought to use the paisleys that way. It is brilliant and stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very clever! I love how you used the Paisleys and Posies to create the Hamsah. Wow! Happy Passover to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is totally awesome. Super idea to make the hamsah with the paisley set. It surely looks stunning. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Pesach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!!!!!! I love your explanation of the Haggadah and that you chose to design a card based on of one it's signature phrases. I also love the Hamsah image and the Paisleys and Posies set is one of my very favorites. You did a great job and I love being in the blog hop with you.

    ReplyDelete